Total Pageviews

Buying Books? Click This!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New Side-Project?? I DESPISE YOU, MY FICKLE MIND!!

1:50PM
At home.

I had a new story idea pop into my head this morning and against my better judgement I have already started writing it nya. Maybe I'll use THAT for my second Watty Awards entry nya!! I quite like what I've written so much nya.

But nya...

I DESPISE YOU MY FICKLE MIND NYA!

The idea is temporarily named Cinnamon Diary: Cinnamon Locket

Anyways here's what I have of the story's overview in my mind nya:

No normal and sane parent in their right mind would name their only children Vermillion and Cinnamon. Except Mr and Mrs Locket were not normal. They were certainly same and in their right minds as they named their oldest daughter Vermillion when she was born, and equally so a year later as they filled out Cinnamon's birth papers.

All her life Cinna has harboured a faint animosity toward her name. Verma's is a pretty and vibrant red colour, and hers is a common spice used in cooking. Vermillion even suits her older sister perfectly; she is the unique one and the centre of attention everywhere. Whereas Cinnamon is downright strange, is boring, draws weird stares from others whenever she introduces herself, and is always associated with Vermillion Locket.

Moving from Melbourne in Australia to Oregon in America is the biggest change to occur in Cinna's life. Maybe now she will be able to create an individual persona from Verma because of starting again in a new place?

No comments: